viernes, 1 de octubre de 2021

just a time.

Sandra is my wife's first cousin. She has a scholarship from the village of Oguimi there in the north of the island of Okinawa. The formerly called Ryukyu. Her course was about practicing ceramics, dentistry and what is common to Okinawan culture , to play shamisen. That musical instrument similar to a guitar but with only 3 strings. It was registered in the municipality of that town but due to the language and other inconveniences it preferred to stay in Kunigami, a town that followed Oguimi's and was the last where the island of Okinawa ended on its northern side.
 She would sleep in a cabin, sharing the room with her Aunt, her mother's sister, may she rest in peace. The cabin was a bit narrow but the comfort of having a mattress affected her, which is not a ritual for the Japanese who is to sleep in. The floor with a thinner mattress. The bad thing about the house was that it had a very low ceiling and when it was time to get on to immerse yourself in sleep, you could run into the roof of the logger that mice and cats would run at night. They allowed her to sleep safely. The nights were spent talking with her cousin or glued to the computer with a Japanese keyboard that made it very easy for her to get used to. Since they did not see each other for that long, the nights were spent until the early hours. Sometimes they had the craving to go out to a convenience store, called “Family Mart” that was not far by car from the house.
 I don't know if it was due to the change in time and environment, but she did not get to sleep quickly because of the later time she went to bed, perhaps because of the noise made by the gigantic forty-two-inch television that has stereo speakers, that her godfather left him on all night while talking in his daily drunkenness.
 She set her alarm on her cell phone as a gift from her cousin at eight thirty in the morning but she turned it off frequently and slept a little more due to the bad nights she used to do or perhaps because of the noise of the Song of Joy. (which by the way was not at all happy to hear it) at seven in the morning daily together with the notices of the municipality of Kunigami village. Shortly after the indicated melody, his aunt's alarm clock with whom he shared his She would turn it off and five minutes later it would continue to ring until her aunt got up to go to the toilet to relieve herself and have a light breakfast so that she could take her medications for her ailments she had.
 I rested while they got up early but I did it for a few hours because the noise of the little TV set caused me insomnia as the sleeping pills I was taking did not have as much effect as before. In conclusion, I only slept for hours, because I got up at around 4 am to send emails and see Internet pages at that time. Then I was going to go to bed but I am afraid that when passing by the room where Sandra was sleeping uncomfortably, I did not get to sleep until 10am more or less because I heard the Garbage truck that used to be placed near the house at 8:30 a.m. until 9 a.m. It was there that I heard Sandra get up in a hurry to go to her classes.
 Very neat, she would get up and go to the laundry room to take out her hanging clothes and towel on that wooden floor that was a disaster, because it broke more and more when one stepped on how old that rotten wood was perhaps. very quietly in about twenty minutes. Then while preparing his breakfast he would leave the computer on to view his messages or to communicate via windowslive messenger with his friends or family. The refrigerator was full but most were of edible things outside the expiration date, so his breakfast was very light, some toast with butter and a glass of milk or else he ate Kaki that native fruit from Japan.  She sat in front of the computer and usually was always with someone with whom she could share her new adventures since it was the first time that she had left her country for so long and separated from her family that she so much wanted.
 It was ten to ten in the morning and he was still on the computer, but he was about to go out to take his classes, he put on his converse all stars shoes and took his sandals with him, which made him more comfortable and refreshing for the still hot autumn She would go out and press the button on the key of her cousin's automatic car, an achromat beige Suzuki wagon R. At first she was a little scared to drive here in Japan, even though it was quite a professional driving because those who drive in Lima quickly get used to driving anywhere in the world, I think. Thankfully she had brought her international driving license, an important document to be able to drive abroad. She is always very careful and at the same time intelligent, Well, she was clearly a beautiful dental professional that I liked very much since she was very cheerful, jovial, dreamy, kind and full of a lot of positive energy. She took the helm of the small but ideal automatic car as for her.  She was confused since the traffic as the rudder was in reverse but little by little she stopped losing her fear because she, very brave, overcame all this in her time as an intern in Okinawa, since she did not know the way well the first days she was accompanied of his cousin and I who sometimes encouraged me to accompany them, but within weeks he had already learned the way by heart in which he demonstrated his speed for learning and his extreme intelligence.
 I imagine that her entire stay was not alone, but rather accompanied by her mother from heaven because this girl had so much courage to do things and that is why I think that her stay was easier than I thought, why her mother was the one who gave her the strength and audacity to make her time as an intern.
 When she came home from her pottery classes, she was very happy despite being full of clay dust, except in the afternoons when she says that the sons of the man who taught her appeared that they were as thick as the crabs that usually appear on the genitals when one She goes to bed with baráta whores. After her classes she used to go out for a walk around or go jogging a bit since according to her she was losing her figure because although she ate little she had gained a few extra pounds in her time in Okinawa. I thought it was normal. Everyone who comes to Okinawa gets a little fat. It's like arriving in Lima and enjoying the delicious Lima food. Very risky about everything, I tried every new edible for her in order to satisfy her curiosity so much so that a One day, for more years that I have been in this country, he made me taste the famous “Nattó”, some fermented beans that smelled worse than the marijuana that my friends in Peru smoked. He was also fascinated by the new sweets that he craved.  And she said many times "This is good" phrase that she could never forget because of the desire with which she devoured those appetizing delicacies for her.
 She admired the Okinawa sea a lot, because it was emerald green and without waves like a lagoon and not like the dirty beaches of Lima where she enjoyed her summers, since in Kunigami as in Oguimi you only saw hills and beaches. On route 58 determined to see the city of Nago, about 40 minutes by car that with some fear I used to do it at the beginning but I was always careful I spent the hours looking at books or compact discs in commercial stores and also clothes, something that It was not to his taste because Japanese fashion is something comparable to American fashion. Except for the Uniclo store, he was struck by the fact that it was more common and not very expensive clothing. He also toured the 100yen shop, a place where they sold from necessary things For one and the most impressive thing was its price. There you could build your house. Since they sold from china to kitchen utensils and desk all of Chinese origin but for its price it was not bad at all.
 Winter was coming but he didn't feel it as strong as it was similar to Lima. Hot afternoons and some cold wind at night. He no longer spent much time running because of the weather. He only walked through the port of Hentona very near the house where he was staying where he watched with great enthusiasm people fishing, a hobbye who may have lacked practice here due to not having the proper instruments or time to do so.
 On one occasion the three of us went to Nago city, that is, her, my wife and I. It was not a good day for me, because as always I did not conceive the damn dream well, but they encouraged me to get out of my depressive state that was passing. She drove very calmly although for her she might like to do it as in Lima, running and zigzagging cars as is customary in Lima traffic.Here you had to respect the traffic rules, run at a speed a little more than indicated and to continue patiently while the cars in front of us ran like turtles, as if they weren't interested in the weather. She was at the wheel, her cousin next to me, and I was behind the pilot's seat. While they were talking, I was enjoying the music that she had downloaded the internet with the LimeWire software in mp3 format and converted to cda format to be able to hear it in the r wagon. We arrived in Nago city and there was a double lane where you could go to the car in front. fear, he asked his cousin, what happened?  Her cousin, laughing, replied: You are over there !!!!! It was then that she stepped on the accelerator until the mileage needle went up to eighty and managed to pass the car that was blocking the road. curve that would take us to a department store called JUSCO.
 There we did the shopping for the house and she bought her purchases, which were books of crafts, crafts and other orders that she should take to Lima for her return.We were about to leave and suddenly we realized that at the exits of that store they were finishing compact discs and dvds. We stayed for a while seeing what was good. After half an hour passed, she went out buying some compact discs of Okinawan music and a double jazz disc. She was happy with her purchases and my wife and I were tired we decided to return home. Very happy with her purchases, she quickly opened her CDs and asked: What do you want to hear? Although they had taken away the depressive state that I was carrying, I was not in a lot of humor because of fatigue. because I reacted in an animal way. I exclaimed: Put it on you !!! With a somewhat strong voice. My wife and he laughingly said: Take it easy !!!
 She started to accelerate the car while she was not deciding what to put on the car radio's compact disc. What jazz !!! Excitedly, it was an original jazz album with the best hits. I did not dare to say more words not to Hurt anyone but jazz is not my taste. I prefer rock over all hard rock. She put on her longed-for album and realized that this music was not accurate. Then she changed it for other Okinawan music albums where she We went all the long route 58 until we reached Kunigami.
 Well we arrived we decided to have lunch because at that time in the afternoon that we had left it was hungry like the descent that drug addicts give, then I lay down on the cold mattress to take a little nap while they stuck in the staff The computer watched web pages, listened to music and chatted for long hours. That day I could not be calm. I felt a garbage for less appreciating the Jazz that I had put so much eagerly. Very cowardly I decided to write an e-mail asking for forgiveness for my dirty The next day she answered me telling me not to worry, that it hadn't shocked her at all and, what's more, she had realized that that music was going to leave us stumbling along the way. that I was integrating more, that is, I was talking more and that I believed her and her cousin that when I cook I do it well.
 The days were coming for her farewell and she had to learn at least one song played with Shamisen. A deputy from the village of Oguimi was in charge of teaching both her and her cousins. Her first class went quite well for her as she quickly learned to reading the kukushi (musical notes of that instrument) and although being inexperienced she did it so well that it caused her cousin (my wife) a bit of envy
 One day she went out at sunset to walk or maybe jog. She did not arrive because it was time for her to get ready for her shamisen classes. Her aunt, very worried, got into the wagon with me and said: Let's look for her !!!
 We walked slowly along Route 58 until we reached the Family Mart and we turned around the Kaganji area towards the Okuma Beach Hotel if it was there, we could not find it and we went towards the port of Hentona where it was in vain Because there were no signs or traces of her. Upon returning without having found her, I went to the room to see if she had returned or called her cousin's cell phone. Yes !!!  There was a missed call in which I did not delay in returning the call.Something agitated said to me: I am already close do not worry that in a while I will arrive.After his arrival, he explained that he had gone down Route 58 to the family Mart and for the return he wanted to take a shortcut where he got lost and came out through the Tobaru area, that place that stank because there was a cow barn.
 At home, she washed her face and changed her clothes quickly. A jean, hooded polo shirt and her green jacket. She was waiting for her cousin to go with her but my wife had fallen asleep. So she left determined to go alone. While later his other cousin was going to give him the scope. He put on his gray suede adidas shoes and started off towards Takazato, where he passed, followed by that was close to the place where he learned ceramics. He took the only route, that is Say 58 and parked for a moment at the family mart. He bought something to eat and his usual zero calorie coke.
 Without worries, she went on the road while she savored her coca cola zero and then lit a cigarette that I think was a Lucky strike light. She arrived in Hama, where the Kunigami village still belonged and headed towards the kouminkan of Takazato there. in Ogumi.  It was dark but I had already arrived Just in Time. Ten minutes late as Peruvians always do.

No hay comentarios: